banner image businesses

Starting a Business

Starting a business can be an exciting and confusing time. It involves planning, making financial decisions and some legal requirements. Here are a couple of items to get you started.   

Obtain Business Licenses and Permits

You will be required to complete the Business License with San Joaquin County. For additional information please see San Joaquin County’s website.

Start your Utilities


The Modesto Irrigation District (MID) provides electricity services for Mountain House. MID is a multi-purpose utility that provides electricity to over 90,000 accounts. MID owns and operates a diverse mix of resources including hydro, gas, and coal generation plants. To begin new service, please contact MID through their website or call toll free (888) 335-1643.


PG&E provides gas services for Mountain House. To begin new service, please contact PG&E through their website or call toll free (800) PGE-5000.


Inframark provides water services for Mountain House. To begin new service, please contact Inframark at (855) 327-0900 Monday through Friday, from 8:00am to 5:00pm PST. Consolidated billing is used for the water and garbage services. The entire amount of the bill is payable upon receipt. Once an account has been established, all garbage related questions should be referred to West Valley Disposal.

Garbage & Recycling

West Valley Disposal provides garbage and recycling services for Mountain House. For additional questions, please contact West Valley Disposal at (209) 835-3639.

Contact Us

Mountain House Community Services District

251 E. Main Street 
Mountain House, CA 95391
Phone: (209) 831-2300
Fax: (209) 831-5610

Office Hours:
Monday through Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Closed daily for lunch from 12:00 pm to 1:00 pm.

Staff Contacts

Stay Connected


eMail Sign Up

Sign up today to receive the latest news and updates from the Mountain House Community Services District.